Your Ad Here

Friday, April 03, 2015

FTIsland - To The Light


I'm enamored by K-Pop mostly for its pop/dance/hip-hop scene, but I have an incredibly strong and deep love for rock music as well. I'm just a little pickier when it comes to this genre. Rock isn't nearly as prevalent in Korea as dance and hip-hop, and what little there is in the idol scene hasn't fully clicked with me yet. That's the case with FTIsland's latest album as well, with the exception of this song. I feel like most of their music is of the more typical American style (which is probably why I don't like it), but To The Light has a far more anthemic, power ballad feel to it. It actually reminds me a lot of 30 Seconds To Mars' excellent Closer To The Edge. The song was originally released as a Japanese single before being rerecorded in Korean. I haven't heard the original version and probably won't seek it out, but I hope the band has more material with this sound. The vocals are incredibly powerful and that chorus just soars.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nicolas said...

This is really beautiful! A throwback to the power ballads of '80s rock.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home