Your Ad Here

Friday, March 20, 2015

Boyfriend - Crooked


I'm beginning to think that every Kpop song called Crooked is awesome. Actually, it's more like every song produced by Sweetune is awesome. I haven't actually seen the production credits for Boyfriend's new mini album, but I'm 99% sure that this track is a Sweetune composition. For much of its length, it's an above average dance/club track. But it's the second part of the chorus, that anthemic, soaring section that's first heard at the 1:20 mark, that stands out most. This is pure Sweetune perfection (or at least a very impressive facsimile) and it's what has kept this album track in heavy rotation for me the past few weeks. Sometimes all it takes is a little slice of melody, even if its surrounding parts aren't all that memorable. I wish Boyfriend would go back to this sound more often. It's what made their earlier material so classic.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home