Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ola Salo - Vi Va Dom


Finally! It took four attempts, but Ola Salo has created the type of cover song that I'd been waiting for during his stint on Sweden's Så mycket bättre. And honestly, the reason I like it is because it basically sounds like something he would've performed with the Ark. Vi Va Dom is a track originally performed by off-kilter electro artist Familjen. The original's already pretty damn good, but Ola's given it that glam rock pomp that he's legendary for and turned it into a total anthem. This is what I hope, hope, hope his inevitable solo album will sound like, but I'm preparing myself for something much more subdued. Seriously, though, who can resist that hook with the background vocals and epic guitars? Even the vocal production and arrangement, that I've been complaining about when it comes to Salo's more recent work, is on point. More of this, please. Yeah, I'm one of those annoying fans that never wants the guy to change. When you've already captured perfection with the Ark, there's really only no where else to go beside what's been proven awesome.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home